A step closer to my telescope tripod.
Well, 7 cents later I got the nut I needed to be able to turn the strike plate on my new tripod into something I can use. By using a leather sling system I will be able to put my telescope on the tripod but be able to keep it safe. So far I’ve gotten this far, but since I don’t have buckles at the moment I could only do this much. So I’ll stop by the leather store in the next day or so and pick up a couple of buckles and finish this up.
From that point on I’ll actually be able to mount my telescope on my new tripod. The nice thing is that with this design I should be able to actually use the same sling on a more authentic tripod once I have it worked out.
Looking forward to finishing this in the next day or so as the moon is getting full again and we should have a really nice view of it from my deck.